Saturday, October 20, 2007

Some Morning

A slight change to my monotonous routine. Earlier this morning, I was supposed to walk my 9-year-old cousin to the Language Studio. However, that kiddo insisted to go 40 minutes in advance and his parents were about to leave the house for the market, so we ended up following their car. They dropped us at a mamak stall nearby. I grabbed 2 packets of nasi lemak from the food table and then we ordered our drinks at the opposite counter. Making up his mind, it took him quite a while to order an Iced Milo. The person at the counter looked at him, slightly amused. Then we headed for the table near the entrance and rested our asses on the plastic chairs. As we were forcing the over-glutinous nasi lemak into our mouths, I questioned that kiddo to ease my curiuosity about the Language Studio. According to him, the center hired teachers from America and Canada, mostly chinese and mat salleh females. The monthly fee for a student of his age is set at a whopping RM 150 with only one class per week, and RM 80 for students who are 4 years younger. Despite the exorbitantly high price, the center is flooded with korean and malaysian students. They have a huge special class for slow learners which is called 'Movers'. Flaunting his position in 'Flyers 2', my cousin said the 'Flyers' classes are for bright students with 'Flyers 5' being the best class you can get your ass in. Then out of a sudden he asked, “Eh, you still can eat anot?”. I had to stuff more of those in my mouth, thanks to him. Nevertheless, the Iced Horlicks was nice though. After paying, I waited till he entered the center which is just a couple of steps away. Before entering, he said something that I never thought he would. “Be careful on your way back.”, I heard him saying with a tone full of concern. (Holy, this kiddo with hard rock ass actually does care.) I smiled back, still quite surprised. I turned around and headed back. Passing through the row of korean shop lots, I saw a korean lady in her late 20s, zealously moving stocks into her shop. Sweet. If you're suspecting me again; No No.. This is not a dream. Haha.

1 comment:

Lilian Lim said...

eh eh.. u wan the pictures?? go my blog see..