Sunday, October 7, 2007

Closure

Apparently today is the last day of my 10-day semester break. This break is seemingly one of the best. I had the time of my life. Day 1; I was sticking my ass on a comfy single leather seat, flying at 30,000 feet on the way to Kathmandu, Nepal. My mind had already pictured myself with a camera hanging on my chest, exploring the Pashupatinath Temple. How exotic! The very next day, I strolled along the shore of the Bagmati river and came across a toddler. Gosh, he has three eyes! Shortly after, I noticed that the third eye was merely painted. Bleh! The artist did a hellacious job for being able to show a hint of reflection in the eye. Static but still impressive. There was a slovenly young man sweeping the steps and a lady sitting nearby with an infant in her arms, sheltered in the shadow of the building behind. She was staring away towards the river. Without hessitant, I took a nice aim and pressed the shutter. This much for Day 2. I will not disclose what happened during the interval between Day 3 and Day 5. You will have to use your imagination. Day 6; Back in Kuala Lumpur. KLIA was as hectic as ever. I have this scene stuck in my head; a japanese woman in her 50s trying to buy a soft toy for her granddaughter (assumably). She talked to the salesgirl in charge; "Duu youu ae.. thees thees (hand pointing to a fluffy lion) Kuma, Kuma, thees.. Kuma. It's obvious that the salesgirl had no idea what she's talking about. Hehe, thanks to Hikki that I now know Kuma refers to bear so I happily approached the salesgirl and told her that the woman wanted a plush bear. Voila! Solved. "Domo arigatou gozaimasu", she thanked me. I delightfully replied, "Do itashimashite!" and patted her granddaughter on the head. I even threw in a "Kawaii-ne". She was flattered. What a wonderful day. Day 8 till now; Rotting at my uncle's place. Lazing around, watching movies, listening to music and get intimate with Lynda (my laptop). It's time to confess. Well, the truth is: Day 1 to Day 10 = Day 8 till now.

2 comments:

Cyrus said...

waliu..veli gud imagination lar u.. u think u gt so gud go help out meh?
pui~~~haha

Kelvin said...

I pat lao oso like to help ppl 1 laa.. Kakaka..