Sunday, December 30, 2007

Painting Colours

Ironically, my return this time is more relishable than it ought to be. I enjoyed every second spent with my dad at the badminton court. More like lessons rather than plays. I got beaten by regular housewives who play there, you can tell how lousy a player I am. Wrong idle stances, racket handling is inappropriate and poor strength estimation and control. However, I find bliss in identifying my flaws, as well as learning to correct or rectify them. Hopefully I will improve in no time, or if not, gradually. This reminds me of a saying by Confucius, “It doesn’t matter how slow you walk, as long as you reach your destination.”. Tomorrow will be my last lesson before I get my ass back in KL as they play on Mondays and Wednesdays only.

These few days, time kinda flew. We (Kee Wei, Tze Fong, Cicak and me) spent quality time eating at several places (Even at Mak Long’s shack!), watching movies and playing 2 friendly matches of D.O.T.A. , shopped for housewarming gift prior to Cteng’s housewarming party, in conjunction with her brother’s birthday celebration. During the party, her brother’s buddies were having some kind of a Digimon Rumble match which I found it very amusing. The noteworthy scene was when the infamous Shan’s brother, usually addressed as “Ah Yu” gasconading his skill in gaming and challenged his acquaintances. Obviously like his sohai brother, the haolien-ness imprinted on him or originated from birth, of that I’m not sure. “Lai ah, kia-lu ah!” (I’m fearless, bring it on!) , he exclaimed in Hokkien. When defeated, he minimized his discouragement by accusing his opponent of playing balless-ly. “Tho bou-chi eh la!”, he shouted in Hokkien. How funny! I guess gaming is regarded as a platform for kids here to exhibit their boldness and skillfulness or intelligence if you must and as an activity which they take pride in doing. We sent Kee Wei home and watched an episode of Naruto Shippuuden before we continued playing cards and drank sparkling juice with beer at Cteng’s house. Kee Wei left for KL later that day.

Yesterday, those girls except Cteng came to “Paris” to kacau-kacau sekejap before we all went out to jalan-jalan, later followed by Tze Fong and Cicak. Visited Page 2, HOTS and A&W. Thiam Boon and Yen Ling joined us at A&WCurly Fries and Root Beer Floatnyum nyum.  Cicak later send all the girls back, while I fetched Tze Fong to purchase his special brush at GQ Stationery. The guys, including me stayed at "Paris" for a lil' Animatrix sensation before we left for dinner at Desa Hill. What a day!

Photobucket
Last Row: Tze Fong, Kee Wei

Photobucket
Last Row: Nobu, Cicak, Rui, Iza  -  Front Row: Cteng, Mei, Ying

Photobucket
Jom Makan: Nasi Minyak, Nasi Kunyit, A bucket of KFC, Confections, Oranges

No comments: