Sunday, December 16, 2007

V For Vendetta

I've been watching it 3 times in a row now, summing it up to a total of 4 times if counting the first time I watched it last year. An ingenious movie I must say. High praise goes to the Wachowski Brothers again for their brilliant screenplay. Not to forget Sammy Sheldon for her splendid work in making V looks charmingly cool in his costume. We all know Hugo Weaving can act, and it's Natalie Portman who truly shines in this film. Really impressed, I am. The satiric dialogues get me everytime too. The details keep you moving, portraying the idea of a dystopian future, under a selfish dictatorship rule. The kind that will sacrifice innocent lives for the sake of the development of biological weapons that promises more power in return. It proves to you how rotten a government can be, masking their inhumanity with propagandas in order to twist the truth. Some of the memorable quotes from V For Vendetta, "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V and "You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it." - Gordon Deitrich. I don't wish to leak out more spoilers. Please do watch it. I salute to the crew members who gave it a 110% in producing the film. I bought the original two-discs special edition DVD release that comes with a mini graphic novel and customized my desktop to celebrate my infatuation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i wanna borrow it from u....! i watch it once. but damn cacat the quality. dun realy understand.

Kelvin said...

Come Paris find me la.. We watch together.. It will be my 6th time watching.. Wakakaka..

Harry said...

u at paris now?

Kelvin said...

Hahaha... "Paris" in KT. It refers to my granny's hair saloon. "Paris Hair Saloon" Haha..

Anonymous said...

U should read the comic the movie is derived from! Comics is the most undervalued and underappreciated medium of art. Its finally getting recognition as many masterpieces are being made into movies, such as your favourite..

Kelvin said...

I bought it, Haha. Haven't finished reading it though.