Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ungrateful Maid

On the 8th of December, I found out that the maid who's working in my uncle's house is the one who stole the mp3 players. She never had thought that I would went up that fast since I was in the theatre room which I would usually spend an hour or two. I could see her panic face when I was out from the theatre room. I knew something was wrong. I saw 2 mp3 players, nicely plugged into my Lynda (Laptop) for charging. This could only mean one thing, that she sneaked into the room I'm staying beforehand. (The whole family went to US for vacation.) I pretended like I saw nothing out of the blue and went down for dinner. While I was filling up my mouth, she moved towards the living room and I heard the opening of the main door. After dinner, I headed straight into the room to find that the mp3 players were removed. You should get it now eh? (The opening of the main door was just a distraction, she went up to retrieve them.) I went out early for the final exam on 10th of December. When I got back, I realised that she had used my Lynda for charging again. I usually turn on the plug when I'm using it, but on that day when I turned Lynda on, the charging icon was lit up.

I acted like nothing happened until my uncle and his family were back from vacation. My aunt asked if she had seen the mp3 players, and she replied, “Erm, no. I don't even know what they are.” We checked with the cams' recording based on the time I jotted down, she indeed had went up to the room. My uncle and aunt then approached her and talked about it. They promised not to complicate the matter if she returned them back, and so she did. My aunt phoned the agent and earlier today the agent showed up to deal with the matter. The agent asked her if she wanted to continue working, she said no. We didn't even force her to go home, she made that choice herself. This was before we found out the darker side of her. Read on.

Here's the interesting part. After she had packed up for the leave, the agent checked through all her belongings and her body (The bra can be a secure place to hide items.) She tried to abscond some items before leaving. Some cash were found inside a folded pants, not inside any of the pockets, and a “Las Vegas” key chain which she claimed that she found it on the roadside. Very funny, the key chain is one of the souvenirs they bought from the US and she was saying that she found it on the roadside. My cousin counted the key chains from her bag and realised that they were short of one. This is not even the worst part yet. After she left with the agent, we checked her room through and through. Surprise surprise. More stolen items. (Refer to the pictures below.) She even scribbled a note on the bed sheet. It reads,

Inilah kisah yang sangat menyakitkan bagi yang ada di sini. Hai kawan, perkenalkan nama saya Yanti, berasal dari Kalimantan Barat Pontianak. Saya bekerja di sini hanya sampai setahun dan saya dipulangkan ke Ejen kerna hanya sedikit kesalahan yang tidak di senyaja. Dan bagi yang baru di sini aku pesankan harus hati=2 kerna di Malaysia tidak sama dengan di Indonesia. Dan kebanyakan di Malaysia orangnya jahat dan tidak segan. Selesai.
(Click here to view the picture.)

Translation: “This is a very saddening story for those who are here. Hi my friend, my name is Yanti, I'm from West Kalimantan, Pontianak. I've worked here barely a year and I'm sent back to agency just because I unpurposely made a minor mistake. And for you who are new here, I warn you to be aware and becareful because Malaysia is not the same if compared to Indonesia. And most of the people here are mean and disgraceful. That's all.”

My patience has its limit. I'm so enraged even though I'm not the owner of the house, that's why I'm writing this post to reveal it to all. It's not that we treated her badly. I will show you her room, I tell you it's even better than the one I'm renting in Arena Green. (Refer to the picures below.) And she's free to cook whatever she likes with the stockup ingredients and fresh food. How can she be so ungrateful? Note the phrase “unpurposely made a minor mistake”. Yea right, you call a theft an unintentional misdoing? Well, F**k You. Despite not feeling sorry, she's blaming us. She also left another random scribble on a box in the garden store room which states,

______ ku tak perna hilang, tak pernah ku inginkan perpisahan ini terjadi_______ kekuatan hati yang _____ Jul. (Love) __ Wo Ai Ni” (Yes, she knows abit of mandarin and cantonese.)
(Click here to view the picture.)

Translation: “_____ I was never lost, I never intended such a separation to happen______ the strength of the heart that's_____ Jul. (Love)___ I Love You.”

I started to think that she has mental illness. In addition to this, we found 2 wrappers of chocolates from US. She must had eaten them secretly in the garden store room earlier. Felt like an idiot that I pitied her before this. Appearance can be very deceiving, just to remind you guys. 


Stolen items:


Sony MP3 Players


Cash


"Las Vegas" Key-chain.


Lilian's notebook and fish charm necklace.




Her room:


Queen-size Bed


Wall clock, cupboards and wardrobe.


Classy ceiling fan with remote control.

8 comments:

- thekid - said...

lol...did she steal ur sperm ??? lol

Harry said...

what amazed me that she still know how to charge the mp3 player, somemore is sony mp3 player. But another thing is she's so stupid until go and steal keychain! There must be something was missing that u guys would never know. Still filipino maid better. Filipino maid roxx!!

LeNgLuiLiNg said...

yorrrrr......tht's y i don't trust maid. specially what they cook. =.=.. what if? they add something inside the food. GOSH.. can't imagine tht. harry..maybe she saw the another mp3 how to plug in to the lappie..and she do the same thing..*lucky never plug wrong hole..if not the lappie mampus*

Kelvin said...

I was worried also after I reported. Nanti she poisoned my drink or food haha. Now that she's gone, no more worries.

Anonymous said...

sigh.. what kinda world is this.. well be glad that she's gone now.. and never back.

angelinemiss said...

hua.. ur uncle's maid good at saying 'tak tahu' also right? Mine current one - not sure whether she got steal anything onot but then she's one big headache too!

btw, my previous maid's name YANTI too.. wondering is it the same one.

Kelvin said...

The Yanti I mentioned is in her 20s. What about yours?

Anonymous said...

waa.. I dun k with wat she stolen. but the note was the most wicked thing..