Monday, January 28, 2008

Estrella

A serendipity. I saw the album at Tower Records (KLCC) last week, was really curious how they will sound since the album art looks kinda tasteful. Then came across the ad for the album launch at facebook while human-petting. Decided to check them out. Visited Laguna Records' webby and listened to both of the sample songs. *Ears sending impulses to acoustic nerve in the brain* Liyana's voice just took my breath away. "Ternyata", a mind-soothing track, sounds like a mix of acoustic jazz and bossa nova. Lovely. "Stay" feels very much like indie pop; Liyana's style of singing on this track reminds me of Nina Persson of The Cardigans. Simple and charming. Frankly speaking, I think they play better music compared to many other local bands. They will be having an album launch party at Centro Bar, Sooka Sentral, KL Sentral on 31st January 2008 which is this coming Thursday at 8 PM. I guess I'll be heading there, hopefully there will be an autograph-signing session. Anyone wanna join me?






Please visit this link to listen to the samples:
http://estrella.laguna-records.com/

Their MySpace Music Page:
http://www.myspace.com/estrellaband/

No comments: