Friday, January 18, 2008

Cloverfield

With $25 million budget, this is a brilliant show. I've never been so engrossed by a film in the cinema before. None of the cast members seems familiar to me, I have to say they really did an excellent work in taking their roles to that extent. It is so convincing that it keeps you agonised at times, it plays around with our very bare instinctive reactions. The anxiety over the uncertain condition of your loved ones and the fear of the unknown, they both give you the heebie-jeebies and run cold shivers down your spine. You'll be driven mad over the overwhelming desperation of saving your significant other. No matter what it takes, you are ready to give your life. That's the kind of scenario that it leaves you in. I would feel and react exactly the same way if I were in Rob's shoes, Beth is a bombshell after all. Please do not do your research on this movie before you watch it. The surprise is part of the entertainment. It's similar to I Am Legend which eases your curiousity as the film progresses, only much better this time. I'm pretty sure I was not the only one whose attention was consumed by the movie in the cinema. I could see many tilted to the front to have a better look during the intense scenes. It's worth every cent you spend for the ticket, do yourself a favour and watch it. Sit tight and brace yourself through the ordeal.

No comments: