Tuesday, November 20, 2007

school food punishment

I've just found a buried treasure, a gem which outshines most mainstream music and proves that indie music can be just as captivating and not to be overlooked. I'm too tempted to recommend this. I just couldn't wait till next week! I will share with you guys one of the greatest satisfying album I've ever listened to. school food punishment's "school food is good food".

"school food punishment" is the name of the quad band, with Yumi Uchimura as the lead vocalist. Don't be fooled by the strikingly odd name; It's not some scream-your-heart-out punk music. Contrariwise, it's a fusion of alternative rock, ambient and indie-pop. "school food is good food" is their seemingly humble debut effort, consisting 6 tracks of splendour. Every track is pleasing to the ears, which proves that their formula is a success. The album provides a tingling sensation to the back of the neck and I could feel a rush of the blood to the head; an indication of the extreme highness you get from music. I'm rocked to my core! They have created an extraordinarily unique and mesmerising sound, leaving you craving for more to satisfy your auditory consumption. I would listen to a 6-piece solid album anytime rather than an album which is crippled with fillers. Quality over quantity, my friend. I would like to thank Dinnerplate for sharing it at Jpopsuki. I would definitely grab the album if I see it at any music store, or maybe request Kippei to order it as a last resort. Apparently they have just released a new album entitled “air feel, color swim”. Never felt this hyped up since Coldplay's debut.



school food punishment official website:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/s-f-p/
(Note: The album art above is taken from the official website.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.