Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Metamorphosis

I'm recalling the past, laughing at myself. Thinking about all the stupid things I've done, and the embarrassing moments I've gone through. First off, I was once very devoted in the pursuit of love. I would wait like a sohai in the chat room, hoping to meet that person. The pressure of good impression built up quite intensely. At that time, I would dig into the stuff she likes, forcing myself to accept them and hoping they would grow on me. Wasted a lot of my liquid asset on things I didn't really like. Moreover, I even took the trouble to plan topics for conversation. Determined on knowing her thoroughly, I often spilled out questions that seemed very unnecessary. To heighten the folly, I jotted down notes of everything I've asked and created a chronicle for reference. It's funny that I didn't feel that idiotic when I was under the spell. I guess I was mentally blinded. Apart from that, I wouldn't miss a chance to be lavish in giving gifts. Sometimes, I sent gifts without apparent reasons. (After thinking hard for a reason to do so.) Well, there were times when I would receive something in return. Words can't describe what an euphoria I had felt! Hmm... It took me 30 over months to realize that my efforts were fruitless. (Unrequited love, that is.) Then, the sandstorm struck. The getting over part was a wretched one. Fortunately, I made a couple of new friends when I transferred to another school. The unrestrained laughter from sarcastic jokes, dumb parodies and some playfulness were awesome. My shoulders felt lighter from time to time and finally I got over it in the beginning of 2006. The bitter-sweet experience was a stepping stone for me to step out of the room called naivety. I changed, marking the end of the “Kelvin Phase”. It's not that bad after all since I learned a lot. Say “Hi” to Nobu; The less sensitive, less fragile, less boring, more matured, more perverted, extra sohai and happier version of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rite of passage, my friend. Rite of passage.

Anonymous said...

i didnt sense the metamorphosis when in form 6 ...when u said life in form 6 kinda help u got out from naivety..i dun know who u mean those frens are. but somehow.. i feel so touched.. nobu san.. 1st thing came into my mind.. " i didnt know the form 6 life meant something 4 ya"
i wanna agree. me too.. form 6 frens did make my life more complete. thanks frens

Kelvin said...

Hehe, of course you are included. Alongside with those sohais like tze fong, loryao, shan... All of you guys la...

Anonymous said...

hehe... f6 life meant lots for me too~~ I miss u all... T.T~~