Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last Minute

It's been a hell of a week! I had trouble sleeping and it felt like I was losing my mind. The Helpdesk Project haunted me with worries and uncertainty. The submission of the project was a big challenge itself. There I was, all packed up, waiting by the Chan Sow Lin LRT station for a transit ride to Bukit Jalil Station. There was a slight technical problem on the opposite lane. I heard a loud spark sound and the LRT malfunctioned and came to a halt. Luckily it's not the one I was supposed to ride on. But still, it took 30 minutes for the one I was waiting for to arrive. It was unexpectedly late, and it never occured to me before. Then, I took a 1.4 KM walk to my institute. Upon arrival, I checked my phone for the time. Okay, 4:45 p.m. I had more or less 2 hours to submit my work before I'd be doomed.

What a sight in the printing lab! It was so packed up that they had to use another room to ease the "traffic". To worsen the situation, a lady reprinted about 40 pages due to printing error. (You can imagine how you would feel if you were behind the line and time was running out.) When I finally got a hold of my printed documentation, it was already 5:30 p.m. I made my way to the first floor to find that there was another long set of queue in front of the binding shop. Oh Tahi! It seemed like there were 11 students ahead of me but, many of their acquaintances later showed up and added more documentation to their pile. "Oh great! Trapped in a stationary queue, now I'm really screwed.", I thought to myself. I was so close, yet so far. I could listen to the panicky beats of my distressed heart. As I was waiting for my binded documentation, I could see there were 30 more students behind me and some faces were familiar. The due time was 7 p.m. (Kesian betul those at the back.) I rushed to the administration counter with the lousy piece of work clenched in my hand. The pen wrote 6.45 p.m. on the submission time field. I was then handed a copy of the stamped CSFF Form, with a great sense of relief as a bonus. Mission accomplished! Next in line, presentation. (~_~)

No comments: